Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 10:40:53 -0500
From: "Jamie Howton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Maverick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: bmwuucdigest@uucdigest.com, 318ti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Sudden idle and surge/miss issue P1140 DTC

> Has anyone used that MAF sensor cleaner I hace seen advertised in the SCCA
> magazine?  I see what may be a little buildup or some stuck on foam particles
> on the sensor, so maybe I should give it a try.

Yep, I bought a couple of cans to use on my M5.  It seemed like it
made a minor difference but not as much of a difference as new MAFS
makes.  MAFS on E39 M5s seem to be consumable items...

I did have a hard time finding it, none of my local Auto parts stores
even knew what I was talking about.  I ended up getting it from:

http://www.midwayautosupply.com/detailedproductdescription.asp?19596,
received it in a couple of days, no issues.

I am not sure if it works any better than regular old Electrical
Contact Cleaner though.
--
Jamie Howton
2006 M Roadster