Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 20:36:13 -0700
From: Harvey Chao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
        Bimmerheads <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, bmwuucdigest@uucdigest.com
Subject: BMP plastic pulley warning Valid??

So I get this BMP news letter, one entry of which is a warning about
late model (post '92 build) engines with serpentine belts that use
plastic pulleys that crack and fracture with nasty secondary
consequences.

Any instances in this population of this happening?

Trying to separate fact from marketing.

Harvey

------------------------------

My '96 went over 156K today with original plastic pulley.

My 93 740 also has one.

Ed

Harvey Chao wrote:

> So I get this BMP news letter, one entry of which is a warning about
> late model (post '92 build) engines with serpentine belts that use
> plastic pulleys that crack and fracture with nasty secondary  consequences.
>
> Any instances in this population of this happening?
>
> Trying to separate fact from marketing.
>
> Harvey
> Search the ARCHIVES:http://www.mail-archive.com/bmwuucdigest@uucdigest.com

> In memory of Michel Potheau - friend, enthusiast, founder of the BMW CCA.
>
> UUC Motorwerks - BMW Performance Fine-tuning and home of the Ultimate
> Short Shifter - accept no substitutes!
> 908-874-9092 . http://www.uucmotorwerks.com

Yeah, I saw that too and I've never heard of that happening.  The
closest I've come to that was when my Air Conditioning Idler backed
out from its screw and fell off the motor.