Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 10:06:47 -0400
From: Carey Probst <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: bmwuucdigest@uucdigest.com
Subject: Re: Goodyear F1GsD3 or BFG TA KDW2?

Can't speak for the Goodyears but I have the KDW2 on both my M3 and 325
I use primarily for track duty.

Wear has been impressive as has the steering response and traction, both
wet and dry.

Both cars have done schools at Watkins Glen on the KDW2s and still have
lots of tread left.

I've been happy with them and have recommended them to friends as summer
tires.  Amazingly, even though summer only, they got me through a late
snow this year with similar conditions to those that had me stuck in my
driveway (slight hill to get out) in the previous Yokos.

Carey
> Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 01:22:14 -0700
> From: bbarry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: "[uucdigest]" <bmwuucdigest@uucdigest.com>
> Subject: Goodyear F1GsD3 or BFG TA KDW2?
>
> Tire time again, been mostly happy in the past with the Goodyears.
> The BFG GForce Sport were weaker on traction but have a live steering
> feel and wear great.
> Have not tried the KDW2 before.
> Tire rack rates them as dry traction 9.2, steering response 9.0, and
> treadwear 7.9.
> The Goodyears are rated the same for dry traction and treadwear, but
> less steering response, 8.8.
>
> Opinions please?  Not interested in other tires, only between these two pls.
> tia,
> Barry

Carey Probst

'99M3 daily driver

'86 325 track toy, cammed, chipped, swayed

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State,

the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.