Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 08:12:42 -0800
From: Peter Loron <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Kevin Jay (Mr.Fabulous)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: bmwuucdigest@uucdigest.com
Subject: Re: <E36> M52 ignition coils

I think unless you've got some kind of forced induction, the stock ones
are fine.

-Pete

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 11:12:45 -0500
From: "Gary Derian" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Kevin Jay \(Mr.Fabulous\)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
        <bmwuucdigest@uucdigest.com>

Coils should last the life of the engine, unless they fail.  They only make
enough voltage to fire the plugs so a zillion volt coil will fire a 5,000
volt plug the same as a stock coil.  Expensive coils only help if you are
doing some odd thing that the stock coils can't handle.  Like running 50 psi
boost on nitro.
Gary Derian