Hi all,

Andreas Mantke wrote:
> I read about the decision to create a new CoC committee from community
> members
> (https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/2022/msg01000.html).

Just to insert here, that the new CoC process is, in my mind,
unambiguously positive, and I'm very happy about the enlarged group of
people handling it.

> And the board really decided instead of involving this own CoC committee
> to throw a lot of _donation_ money on contracting an external
> 'communication expert' (they are regularly very expensive)?

That is not what happens. A CoC verdict was not accepted by one of the
parties, so the board is now getting neutral, external expertise.

There's added value, in that arguably a completely external view on
our interactions (board and elsewhere) can only improve how we
collectively work.

Rest assured, I would have preferred to avoid both the challenging
situation, as well as any extra work (or expense).

> I'm curious about a detailed explanation from the board, why the own TDF
> CoC committee is incompetent for the handling of the situation.

That framing is untrue, and offensive towards the volunteers in the
committee.

Best,

-- Thorsten