Hi Cor,

Last mail on my side

Le 30/11/2022 à 15:24, Cor Nouws a écrit :
Hi Sophie,

sophi wrote on 30/11/2022 14:37:

My reading of Sophie's mail:
 >>> I was not in the board meeting, but what I read was to point at
 >>> people and not to the background of the document.

is that she read things at another location. Thus I've mentioned the minutes where I do not point at people, but reflect on the content. (Note the difference with what she describes). Apart from that: I think Sophie is very well capable to write me if I misunderstood her mail.

So yes, you misunderstood my mail, I repeat: what I read in those minutes is pointing at people and not to the substance of the document, mail for which..

from the minutes: "
* I'm still missing information (Cor)
     * asked comments from Mike
     * what he wrote on relations between TDF and companies
     * looks very limited in the light of TDF
          * and I had expected a negative advice on the text on page 1
          * properly created agreement on such limitations nightmare
          * from legal aspects and organizational wise
     * very different from contract on properly tendered project
"

In my understanding that is on the content of the proposal.

And sorry that I misunderstood your question. I would have appreciated if you would have let me know.

mail for which I still miss part of the answers:
- who are the _others_ you talked about?

As mentioned in most recent board meeting: all apart from Kendy and Paolo.

Kendy had already resigned, so only Paolo

- will this new proposal be reviewed by the community?

Is ongoing I think.

no, it's only part of TDF members, not the community

- will this new proposal be reviewed by TDF lawyers?

That is not needed for a simple proposal to hire people for the team.

- what is wrong in the substance of the first proposal on a line by line analysis.

You can't seriously mean you want me to respond to this, do you?
I've seen also others already explaining that the length and nature of the old proposal is a problem on it's own. Besides that, as explained: the new proposal does what is needed: make possible that developers are hired, and needs, areas of interest that have been discussed for the old proposal, are included.

I was serious, but it seems none of the board wants to give reasons, so I give up.

It seems now I've some answers:
- all but Paolo -> which is unacceptable for me

See my reply to Emiliano explaining the need and that the idea that Paolo is excluded from the process is false:

https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/2022/msg01148.html

No need, he was excluded, period (me calls a cat a cat :-)

- only by part of the members -> which is unacceptable for me when the whole discussion was public and you even inform here on a public list that it won't be public

I don't consider the list tdf-internal as a second class place to cooperate. It's only to be expected that members engage there. Besides that, as explained: the new proposal does what is needed: make possible that developers are hired, and needs, areas of interest that have been discussed for the old proposal, are included.

I don't say that it's a second class place, just it's only a small subset of the community while the roles will interact with the whole community and there is nothing that requests to be on a private list.

- no answer

see above.

- no answer

See above.

It shows no respect face to face with the members. If this is your
understanding of the communication with the members you needn't think
about the strategy for the future of TDF, but about an advanced training
to improve your skills.

So I think with my explanation those words are not in place, Andreas?

I didn't replied you because I found you mail offensive to me and I didn't want to escalate.

Sad that you did not try to let me know somehow etc.
That left the stage for someone who is pouring a lot of negativity on top of my head :(

I can live with you thinking that I'm stupid enough, no problem, but please, don't try to turn what I said.

I'm not aware that I tried to turn what you said. Sorry if I gave that impression. And happy to look into this, other details, more closely. Either here, in private mail (with others you prefer in CC) or in a call (with others you prefer present as well).

No need for private exchanges, I'm old enough to care only about important things, which here are TDF and its community.
Cheers
Sophie

--
Sophie Gautier so...@libreoffice.org