On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 6:29 AM, Rom Walton <r...@romwnet.org> wrote:

> Howdy Folks,****
>
> ** **
>
> Sorry this took a little longer than anticipated, I switched by build
> environment over to Linux.  For some reason I was ending up with corrupted
> apk files under Windows.****
>
> ** **
>
> I’ll be uploading my build VM to boinc.berkeley.edu if anybody needs a
> copy.****
>
> ** **
>
> I have a test APK file uploaded to:****
>
> http://www.romwnet.org/files/android/BOINC.apk

We need to find a place, where I can host the binaries until we submit it
to an appstore. The ProjectApp needs a reliable location to download the
BOINC application from.

****

****

> ** **
>
> However, I haven’t been able to install it successfully on my tablet or
> cell phone yet.  I didn’t sign this package.

If you just want to test things, no need to sign it. You have two options:
a) connect the device to your developer machine via USB and debug it on the
device, i.e. see the Logcat output. (enable it on your device at: "settings
- developer options - usb debugging" on Android 4.0)
b) allow unsigned applications on your device ("settings - security -
unknown sources" on Android 4.0)

> ****
>
> ** **
>
> Joachim has started working out of the BOINC repo and it should be easier
> to track UI development progress.

It is work in progress, but please check it out!
I am currently adapting it to meet the user story I described in my email
last week. It might be unstable and features and UI are not 100% yet, but
it gives an idea where we are heading....