I enjoyed following this thread. Because English is not my first language, I
was hoping to learn the official definitions of these terms.
In my opinion, all the variations proposed so far are fine - I don't see
problems with using them.

For me, when I see "flash frozen in liquid nitrogen" or "flash frozen in
nitrogen stream" I get unambiguous mental images of how the crystals were
prepared. When I hear a policeman yelling "freeze" while pointing a gun (no
personal experience here), there is no ambiguity that I should stop moving (and
won't get confused with cooling myself such that the water in my body would
form hexagonal ice). When I hear that a person is frozen by Parkinson's
disease, there is no ambiguity that his/her muscle had become rigid.

I think that I will continue to use "flash frozen in liquid nitrogen" or "flash
frozen in nitrogen stream" and I hope that I would not need to explain to
reviewers what that means.

Quyen