On 11/16/2012 12:54 PM, Kendall Nettles wrote:

I wouldn't go into the lab and say "did you cryo-cool those crystals yet?" or
"check out this nice crystal. Its ready for vitrification".

If we speak the way scientific articles are written...

By Bernard Dixon, published in New Scientist, 11 April 1968, p.73, an imaginary conversation at breakfast:

"Daddy, I want cornflakes this morning. Must I have porridge?"

"Yes. It has been suggested by mummy that, in view of the external coldness, the eating of porridge by you will cause an increase in bodily temperature. Furthermore, in regard to the already-mentioned temperature considerations, your grandma-knitted gloves and wool-lining-hooded coat will have to be worn."

"May I have some sugar on my porridge?"

"The absence of sugar in the relevant bowl has been noted by daddy at an earlier moment. However, further supplies of this substance are now being brought by mummy from the appropriate vessel that is present in the kitchen."

--
Oh, suddenly throwing a giraffe into a volcano to make water is crazy?
                                                Julian, King of Lemurs