So far this has cost me about 8 hours of billable time to setup,  and its
only required because Adobe decided to take ColdFusion out of Dreamweaver,
 the tool I've been using for years and years.   It's proving a BLOODY
EXPENSIVE tool.

A little bit of progress at last.     I have to say this term "root" is
causing me a lot of confusion - document root,   server root,  context root
  web root.    which is which in any location in the server set up.
 There are so many possibilities at any point its very confusing.

At last I have a setup that will give me 'run as' that opens my default
browser and displays the page.     For the record, even though I have a
jrun setup,  i found it will display in a browser  if i dont have J2EE
 settings in the server setup.    I still havent found a way to have it
show the page in CFBuilder - it opens a new window in the default browser.
   No way yet found to open the file in any other browser.  Perhaps when i
get to the part about live update and mobile devices etc it will come
clear.

But debug doesnt work.   It gives me an error message:

Next to work on making the FTP work.   (That took me about 5 minutes to get
to work when I was learning Dreamweaver).

But I'm sticking with it for now, and I'm still prepared to be convinced
that ColdFusion Builder is a worthwhile IDE.   But the product has a way to
go to convince me yet.

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion 9 Enterprise, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month