I've had enough of this damned ColdFusion Builder 3 for now.   It's just
too bloody frustrating.   Maybe I might come back to it,  maybe not.

The FTP/Synchronise thing is just barely something you would expect a
beginner programmer to produce.    Trying to make it work is groping in the
dark because the help is not related to this product.  Instructions on
setting up FTP begins :

   1. Right-click the project in the Navigator view.
   2. Click Synchronize > Create New Synchronize Connection.

But there's no Synchonize option to choose from.  So it's a loser right
there.    The only thing i can find about uploading files to the remote
server is "Export..."  but there's no help file for that.  Therefore what
information goes where is just a guess.     But dont get anything wrong,
because you can't change anything.  There's no way to edit your ftp
settings.    And what's worse  once you've set up a ftp spec for a site,
you can't edit it or set up another one with that same address.   Too bad
if you have to change your password for any reason.    And you can't delete
an existing one and set it up again if you got your guess wrong the first
time.

In Dreamweaver, to upload a modified file to the site takes 2 clicks.
 Select the file, then click the up arrow.   It automatically creates
folders on the remote server if the folder doesnt exist and just puts the
modified file in there.

In ColdFusion Builder - it's a bloody complicated process. Every time you
try to export a file,  it downloads the whole file directory from the
remote site.  If there are hundreds of files on that site, you have to wait
while it downloads all the file names, dates, etc.     It doesnt remember
the last one - upload a file,  make a single little change, wait while it
downloads the directory of the remote site all over again,  then take a few
seconds  to upload your revised file.    In one case, it takes 5 minutes to
upload a 15kb file because of all that fussing about.

I made an error the first time I set up export specs (probably forgot a
trailing '/' or something) and now I can't fix it,  can't delete it and do
it again,  can't synchonise at all.   That site is no longer able to be
uploaded from ColdFusion Builder 3.

I'm trying really hard, because I honestly want to be open minded about it.
  But I'm not becoming a fan of ColdFusion Builder 3 yet.

On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 4:48 AM, Andrew Scott <andr...@andyscott.id.au>wrote:

> Feel your pain Mike, but perseverance can fix that at times.
>
> The root, is what I stated earlier, when I said I usually just set it to
> the root for ColdFusion and that is the wwwroot in ColdFusion itself and
> not inetpub or your projects. Yes I agree this area is not well documented
> nor blogged, because people just don't use the line debugger and its power.
> I guess you can lead a horse to water but you cant make them drink it.
>
> Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion 9 Enterprise, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month