On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 16:48, Aaron Boodman <a...@chromium.org> wrote:
> Seems like a bad idea.
>
> Extensions and DOMUI are basically two competing systems for doing the
> same thing, it would get confusing combining them. I would rather
> either:
>
> a) add new (possibly experimental) APIs for the issues you've run into.
> b) manually plumb the extension APIs you need through DOMUI (this is
> basically composition instead of inheritance)

Seems like b then. However, the extensions APIs are much nicer than
all the ad-hoc chrome.send + CallJavascriptFunction we are currently
using and having the same API seems like a win for maintainability.

> Is this the complete list of bugs?
> http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/list?can=2&q=feature:extensions+reporter:arv
>
> Context menu is potentially on the M5 list. Depending on how complex a
> context menu API you want, this might not be too bad. We should just
> implement the chrome:// urls one I guess.

If we make the bookmark manager completely as an extension extensions
need to be able to hook up global keyboard shortcuts (27702) as well
as some way to hook into the wrench and system menus on mac.