Hey everyone,

My name's Alex Gartrell and my friend Mark Hahnenberg and I are taking
a class at CMU called Software Engineering Practicum, and the sole
purpose of this class is to participate in a large project.  This
semester, they've opened the door to working with open source
projects, and we would really love to do work on Chrome, a browser we
both use.  For this project, we'll be offering up 20 hours a week (10
hours each) in exchange for weekly guidance from a 'client' as well as
two progress reports for our professor.  More information is available
at http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~aldrich/courses/15-413/clients.html

Experience:
- We're juniors at Carnegie Mellon and have worked our way through
many of the hard project courses, including Operating Systems
Implementation
- We both submitted patches that were accepted to Mozilla as part of
the prerequisite course to this one (So we know about dvcs, the patch
submission process, etc.)
- We both have worked as interns in industry after our Sophomore Year
(Mark at Mozilla, myself at Cisco)

We're pretty open minded as far as the actual project is concerned.
One thing that was suggested to me in the irc by rubenbb was working
with SPDY.  I'm kind of a networks geek (doing some research stuff in
that arena), so that'd be cool.  But really, anything cool would be
good.

Another thing worth noting is that I also TA'ed the prereq course last
semester and two students (one of whom actually lives with us) were
able to submit some patches that were accepted to Chromium, so we know
that people have had good experiences working with you guys, and we're
excited to continue that.

Thanks!

Alex Gartrell (agartr...@cmu.edu)