On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 9:54 PM, Alex Gartrell <alexgartr...@gmail.com>wrote:

> - We both submitted patches that were accepted to Mozilla as part of
> the prerequisite course to this one (So we know about dvcs, the patch
> submission process, etc.)

One thing to note is that Chromium uses neither a distributed VC system nor
Bugzilla, so your development process will look a little different than with
Mozilla patches.  That said, hopefully it shouldn't be hard to accommodate.

> We're pretty open minded as far as the actual project is concerned.
> One thing that was suggested to me in the irc by rubenbb was working
> with SPDY.  I'm kind of a networks geek (doing some research stuff in
> that arena), so that'd be cool.  But really, anything cool would be
> good.

Are you looking to work together on the project or separately?  And are you
looking for a single, larger task, or a lot of smaller issues?  I have a
number of smaller bugs I could throw at you but I'd only want to do that if
that's your interest :)

Your first task should be to get the code checked out, built, and perhaps
running in a debugger.  Start at http://dev.chromium.org/Home and look for
your OS of choice in the second bullet point; that should get you going.
 The majority of Chromium developers work in Windows with MSVC, but there
are healthy numbers of Mac and Linux folks too.  If you have problems, come
hang out on irc.freenode.net #chromium; that's the best place to get quick
answers.

PK