I get the following when I try to install Leiningen:

-----------
larrytravis$   lein-install.sh   self-install

Downloading Leiningen now...

dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libintl.8.dylib
  Referenced from: /opt/local/bin/curl
  Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
    /opt/local/lib/libintl.8.dylib: mach-o, but wrong architecture

/Users/larrytravis/bin/lein-install.sh: line 175: 2851 Trace/BPT trap $HTTP_CLIENT "$LEIN_JAR" "$LEIN_URL"

Failed to download https://github.com/downloads/technomancy/leiningen/leiningen-1.4.2-standalone.jar

--------
Can anybody advise me as to what I am doing wrong?

/lein-install.sh/ is the script available at:

https://github.com/technomancy/leiningen/raw/stable/bin/lein

Also I can't download /leiningen-1.4.2-standalone.jar/ directly from https://github.com/technomancy/leiningen/downloads, but I don't think I would know what to do with it if I could! I am a Java tyro (who knows some other lisps reasonably well) trying to use clojure under Mac Os X and Emacs, but I am having a lot of problems getting clojure to run conveniently in that environment.

Thanks for your help.
  --Larry Travis