First we should inform all math committers of course.

I will take a closer look tomorrow evening but we should undelete the files in the sandbox, backup the proper version, do the move like you described and then either redo all changes (including commit log) or do a simple merge.
If there are only a few of them then we can use the commit mails.
The bulk changes, renaming and stuff can be done by merging the backuped fileset into the new fileset.

-- Dirk

Mark R. Diggory wrote:

this would be wise, before things get too different. What would be the best approach to tackle this?

-Mark

Dirk Verbeeck wrote:

It's only 12 days ago that the move was done.
We could redo the move and then reapply all changes since the move.

It is a little extra work but if the historical information is important it is probably worth the effort.

-- Dirk

Mark R. Diggory wrote:

The only difficulty I have is that theres a great deal of historical information still in the sandbox cvs tree for math, even though the latest version has been deleted, you should review how many of these trees are historical and are actually now empty directory structures (all files deleted). These are easily removed from any cvs checkout using -Pd.

I'm not impressed with the way I moved the math project out of the sandbox, its version tree sould have been moved physically up to commons. This is a little late now, but we should consider moving other sandbox projects from now on in a way that maintains the historical information.

-Mark