On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 14:08, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > Certainly, the differing build systems and websites are a problem.  I'm
> > just not comfortable yet with the idea that I have to build all
> > component's sites to update a small piece of a component I'm directly
> > working on.
>
> As I understand it, the proposal is to use the multi-project plug-in.  I
> believe that you should be able to build just your own, too.  Not sure what
> happens if you want to build everything that can build if they don't have
> dependencies on ones that didn't build, but that ought to be something that
> the Maven mavens can address.

Different projects are going to want to update sites at different
frequencies.  I think we should make an attempt to achieve consistency
throughout the J-C sites before attempting to create a system generate
and publish every single J-C project.  Different projects change at
different frequencies, and we should leave the process of publishing the
site to each component.

The good idea is to Mavenize - everything.... I do think it a good idea
to generate the Jakarta Commons site using Maven - we would continue to
use the same xdoc.

Tim