On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 11:38 PM, berndf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Jeremias Maerki wrote:

>> I think it's a good idea to just place the proposals. We can
>> additionally coordinate in some form.

>> I've asked Mattias Stürmer how openexpo.de and openexpo.ch relate to
>> each other. I'll let you know.

>> Good idea! I did that last time, too. Only got the FOP talk accepted,
>> though. But if we can create enough weight (maybe to the point to have
>> an Apache track), that should become easier. I think it's extremely
>> important to tell the people there how the ASF works.

>> The ASF booth is no problem. We simply have to request it. More of a
>> problem is some PR-materiel. I've got a big poster on FOP [1]. Some
>> eye-catcher materiel for the ASF as such would be good to have, too.
>>
>> [1] http://jeremias-maerki.ch/download/fop/fop-poster.pdf
>
> I am able to help out at booth on the 25th.
>
> Would be cool to have a large poster with a big ASF logo and maybe all
> projects listed. I am not experienced with posters. What does it take to
> make one (sizes etc.) if we don't already have one?

If there are Apache related talks at the conference, make sure to
include these on whatever material is created at a booth. I think
that's a highly valuable thing to be doing.

Even if it's just a case of printing up some items on b+w paper. Which
talks/bofs to goto is a good call-to-action for a booth.

I'd also be tempted to have a sign-in sheet/poster/something for
Apache people who show up. If you're an Apache committer, put your
name here.

Hen