On Fri, Oct 02, 2009 at 08:27:23PM +0200, Olivier Teytaud wrote:

> > >What's your general approach?  My understanding from your previous posts
> > is
> > >that it's something like:
> >
> > Your understanding is right.
> >

> By the way, all the current strong programs are really very similar...
> Perhaps Fuego has something different in 19x19 (no big database of patterns
> ?). I'm not at all sure of this conjecture on Fuego.

Yes, Fuego uses just the 3x3 patterns; its strength is surprising. :-)
Someone conjenctured it is because of how well-tuned its constants are.
I also think large part of it is that it seems to use perfect nakade
solver in playouts, so it should be very strong at playout tsumego; at
least in my experiments I'm finding that crucial to strength of my
bot...

--
                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis
A lot of people have my books on their bookshelves.