On Thu 18/May/2017 00:19:07 +0200 Markus Wanner wrote:
> On 17.05.2017 09:48, Alessandro Vesely wrote:
>
>> My suggestion is to avoid disassembling the Courier tarball.  That is, have
>> maildrop included by default in courier-mta, and possibly merge it with
>> courier-base as well (why were they split, BTW?)
>
> Flexibility. And separation of concerns.
>
> I like being able to install courier-imap, but not courier-pop, for
> example. Or running just the courier-mta without either of the other
> two. That's quite common for Debian, I'd say.

Although the real issue is maildrop, let me note the following about
courier-base:

* couriertcpd could be just suggested or recommended, not required,

* testmxlookup could be moved to courier-mta,

* I don't see how maildir utilities can be useful on a standalone SMTP server.
Perhaps they could be moved to courier-imap, courier-pop, or both.

Ale