From:   "niel fagan", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>At the risk of grotesquery, I doubt that a pit bull would
>hold one very long with a knife inserted in its eye.

It'll see you coming and do more damage trying to avoid you, insert
knife/stick even finger into dogs anus (blind sided it can't see you too
well) and by reflex it will let go, only momenterally though, then hope you
are not its next victim.

>Search and rescue people that I've talked to have ALL carried
>stout, locking knives.  And we haven't had a rash of knifings
>by crazed paramedics.
>
>Why should anyone care if I choose to carry these items
>anywhere, as long as I don't misuse them and harm an
>innocent person?
Because nanny said you shouldn't.

>    Don
>--
The recent killing of that 10 year old in London will no doubt bring further
bans, though the knife found had a 6 inch blade according to the news, more
worrying perhaps is the fact he bled out from a leg wound that if treated
promptly would have probably been survivable, it seems the desire not to get
involved (drummed into people by the broadcasters/police/govt in different
ways) contributed to his death.

Niel.

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]