On 12-01-10 03:25 AM, Tim Bunce wrote:
I wouldn't mention a specific timeframe. Just say that Oraperl was
deprecated years ago, will be removed in a near-future release, and any
scripts using it should be rewritten to use DBI calls.

Then forget about it. There's no reason to actually remove it soon and
the longer it's not removed the more likely the message is to reach its
intended audience (who tend to upgrade rarely).

I can do that, no problem. The only thing I'm afraid of, is that by not giving a specific timeframe, human psychology will do what human psychology does and people will tend to disregard the deprecation notice. :-)

But you are right, there is no rush to actually remove the module itself, and perhaps the warning alone will do its job of nudging most of the last stragglers toward DBI.

Joy,
`/anick