On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 7:34 PM, martin f krafft <madd...@debconf.org> wrote:
> Second, we are going to discuss an idea by marga coming out of her
> experience with DC8, wherein one team member's job is to poke the
> others regularly. This person's contribution to DebConf is to keep
> on top of things that need to get done and see them through.

A ceremonial buttock-prodder is a good thing indeed. Also, if a few
people work closely, asking each other for a status regularly forces
everyone to keep on working.

> Another idea is to have regular, short meetings. These are "soft
> deadlines", but if decisions are being made that way, it becomes
> a motivation for people to follow what's happening.

This works well for us (DC15). Even if we agree to not meet on IRC as
there's not much to say, we make that dependent on people with open
tasks writing a summary in time for the meeting. Again, this forces
everyone to keep on working.

Richard