Hello Soren,

Thank you for answering my queries.

I will share this with the upstream project. The project authors are unsure how
to do this for an LGPL project. I will see tomorrow if I can find an example of
an LGPL project that includes the copyright information in the root of the
project.
(I found a project that does this for GPL[1], but not for LGPL).

[1] https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibre/blob/master/COPYRIGHT

Regards,
Alan