On Tue, Mar 05, 2024 at 03:50:27AM +0530, Alan M Varghese wrote:
> What I meant was that upstream does not know where to put the copyright
> information or
> how it should be formatted. Or, to rephrase, is there a preferred format for
> a COPYRIGHT file
> in a project that uses LGPL?
There are no special formats for copyright files and the license shouldn't
matter so I'm still not sure what's the actual question they have.
In most software the top-level copyright is simply stated as one line in
the top-level LICENSE or whatever file or even in the top-level README,
and separate per-file copyrights are stated in the files themselves. The
calibre one you linked is very unusual.

--
WBR, wRAR