What I meant was that upstream does not know where to put the copyright
information or
how it should be formatted. Or, to rephrase, is there a preferred format for a
COPYRIGHT file
in a project that uses LGPL?

This is the issue I opened upstream:
https://github.com/hyprwm/hyprlang/issues/28

On 3/5/24 01:38, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
On Tue, Mar 05, 2024 at 12:38:00AM +0530, Alan M Varghese wrote:
Hello Soren,

Thank you for answering my queries.

I will share this with the upstream project. The project authors are unsure how
to do this for an LGPL project. I will see tomorrow if I can find an example of
an LGPL project that includes the copyright information in the root of the
project.
(I found a project that does this for GPL[1], but not for LGPL).
Why would that make a difference?