PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM ALL LISTS!

I tried to remove myself. It didn't work.

I tried to contact the list admin. I did not get an answer.

I'M GONNA SPAM YOUR LISTS UNTIL YOU REMOVE ME!

On 05.03.24 22:15, Alan M Varghese wrote:
Soren,

 ... but it is also perfectly fine to ship them in the same file.
I think what Wookey is referring to is that GPL and LGPL licenses contain
a line that says something like:
'Copyright (C) 1991, 1999 Free Software Foundation, Inc.'
I believe this copyright refers to the text of the license itself. Hence, it
might not be a good idea to include a second copyright in this same file.

So, including the copyright and license in the same file can work for licenses
like MIT, BSD etc which does not mention a copyright of its own, and not
for GPL-like licenses which includes a copyright line as part of the license.

Anyways, upstream author has added a new file called "COPYRIGHT" in the root of the project[1] that mentions the copyright years, owner and the license used. Based on all our discussion so far, I understand this should be acceptable
for our purposes in Debian.

[1] https://github.com/hyprwm/hyprlang/blob/main/COPYRIGHT

Alan