On 26/01/24 at 20:50, David Wright wrote:
I'll give a shout-out for Hack,¹ which I can't fault for use in
xterms. Comparing    xterm -geometry 80x25+0+0 -fa hack -fs 16
with   xterm -geometry 80x25+0+0 -fa inconsolata -fs 18
(to make the sizes roughly the same), I find the inconsolata
stroke width on the basic Roman alphabet is a little spindly.

Other criticisms are that the stroke widths (and even the size)
later in the table (eg 0x256–1312) are thicker or larger, and
many single-width characters are slightly oversize and get
truncated at the top & right (eg Ŵ at 0x372, Lj 456). Mixing
fractions is ugly, too: ½ ⅓ ⅔ ¼ ¾ ⅛ ⅜ ⅝ ⅞. The ‘’ quotes
are pretty, though.

Those symbols are very nice, which tool have you used to insert them? I'm using Thunderbird for my emails but I've to enable "Compose message in HTML" to have a small subset of symbols, for me isn't enough. I'm using KDE desktop.

Thanks in advance, best regards.

--
Franco Martelli