I guess all I'm really saying is:

When Beta 1.1.1 is going on (with the new features to be tested documented
in the RelNotes), and at i25 you decide it's time for a few new features,
then let's call that new "development level" not 1.1.1-i26, but rather Beta
1.1.2 with matching RelNotes.

The problem, though, is that new features start right away. When a new beta comes out, it's not unusual for new features to be added before any bugs are reported.

So to change the numbering system would either require parallel development, or holding off on new features until enough of the bugs have been ironed out. But waiting for the bugs to be fixed is a very different approach than what we have now. It's more like a typical "come out with a new beta with lots of new features, come out with several new betas with bug fixes and no new features, then a released version" scenario (although our cycle would likely be quicker).

Declude JunkMail: The advanced anti-spam solution for IMail mailservers.
Declude Virus: Catches known viruses and is the leader in mailserver vulnerability detection.
Find out what you've been missing: Ask about our free 30-day evaluation.