From: Matt Sicker <boa...@gmail.com>
Date: 16/03/2017  08:42  (GMT+05:30)
To: Commons Developers List <dev@commons.apache.org>
Subject: [VFS] Interest in starting a Java 7 FileSystem-based version?

Ralph has mentioned in the past an idea about rewriting commons-vfs using
java.nio.file from Java 7. I was playing with this API today attempting to
abstract some S3 file operations using <
https://github.com/Upplication/Amazon-S3-FileSystem-NIO2> and found that
the API is pretty nice. OpenJDK already contains implementations for the
normal file system and zip files if I recall correctly (so probably also
jar files).

Anyways, if we were to go forward with starting work on this, should we
just make a commons-vfs3 branch in the vfs repo? Or does this belong in the
sandbox?

--
Matt Sicker <boa...@gmail.com>