They package ByteBuf and family in a package called netty-buffer which only
depends on netty-common. We could add those as dependencies, or we could
shade them. Do note that netty-common already shades jctools, so this would
be a double-shading which is rather amusing.

On 17 March 2017 at 12:35, Matt Sicker <boa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Oh wait, I looked into it more. That might be usable actually. Plus it
> could be useful for diving directly into the network code of networked file
> systems to implement them more efficiently. I'm not sure how well isolated
> those classes are, so we might need to just take them and do some renaming.
>
> On 17 March 2017 at 12:34, Matt Sicker <boa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm actually learning a little bit about ByteBuf from Netty this
>> afternoon. I don't know enough about the implementation to say. The thing
>> is, the Channel APIs all use ByteBuffer. I'm not sure how ByteBufs are
>> converted into ByteBuffers yet.
>>
>> On 17 March 2017 at 12:19, Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I'll be happy to help with PMC related tasks.
>>>
>>> Gary

>>> look
>>> improved
>>> API). I
>>> for
>>> 8
>>> more
>>> depending on
>>> supporting

>>> 2017 um

>>> as

>>> commons-vfs
>>> found
>>> for
>>> probably

>>> should
>>> belong

>>> --
>>> E-Mail: garydgreg...@gmail.com | ggreg...@apache.org
>>> <https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1617290459/ref=as_li_tl?i
>>> e=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=1617290459&linkC
>>> ode=as2&tag=garygregory-20&linkId=cadb800f39946ec62ea2b1af9fe6a2b8>
>>>
>>> <http:////ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=garygregory-20&l=
>>> am2&o=1&a=1617290459>
>>> JUnit in Action, Second Edition
>>> <https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1935182021/ref=as_li_tl?i
>>> e=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=1935182021&linkC
>>> ode=as2&tag=garygregory-20&linkId=31ecd1f6b6d1eaf8886ac902a24de418%22>
>>>
>>> <http:////ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=garygregory-20&l=
>>> am2&o=1&a=1935182021>
>>> Spring Batch in Action
>>> <https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1935182951/ref=as_li_tl?i
>>> e=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=1935182951&linkC
>>> ode=%7B%7BlinkCode%7D%7D&tag=garygregory-20&linkId=%7B%7Blin

--
Matt Sicker <boa...@gmail.com>