Gary Schnabl wrote:
A tutorial I would like to see would be a definitive, detailed guide for employing Writer with master documents for creating books and such. Master documents is a major area where Writer compares unfavorably with Adobe FrameMaker. Having a solid tutorial with master documents, possibly with macros, user source files, and sample templates added would be a nice addition. Such a tutorial would need to employ much of the functions that OOo has.

If any writer or team of writers and editors wants to author/edit such a tutorial, I would volunteer as its lead technical editor.

Gary, I'm glad you've raised this topic again, as it's something I would also like to see us provide, to expand upon and supplement the Master Docs chapter in the Writer Guide (which I am in the process of updating). Unfortunately, I never have any time to actually contribute to the effort, so I hope some others may come forward to work on it.

--Jean