Op Wo, 2010-12-08 om 21:39 +0000 skryf Michael Bauer:
> Hi Rimas,
>
> Yes, I'm using Pootle; and yes, the plural rules are missing but Frank
> Mau is dealing with that aspect. The below rules are the slightly more
> complicated version of this ruleset:
> https://developer.mozilla.org/En/Localization_and_Plurals#Plural_rule_.234_%284_forms%29
>
> We ended up formulating the more complicated ones because of something
> about the way Wikipedia handles plurals in its localisation project.
>
> I'll wait and see what Frank comes back saying but thanks for the
> suggestion anyway!
>
> Michael

Hi Michael

I'm trying to build the plural support into Pootle and Virtaal for
future releases. I just realised that the plural rules discussed in the
article on the Mozilla site is entirely different from this one:
https://translations.launchpad.net/+languages/gd

Can you maybe shed some light on this? They don't seem to even be close
to each other, so I'd like to ensure that we do the right thing. Some of
the differences I note:

0 file
11 files
12 files
20 files

These would select different forms between the two described ways.

Hopefully we can add support in our tools soon.

Keep well
Friedel

--
Recently on my blog: