On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 2:38 PM, Jörg Schmidt <joe...@j-m-schmidt.de> wrote:

>> From: Rob Weir [mailto:robw...@apache.org]
>

>> I assume for #4 that you mean the news feed points to the ASF-hosted
>> page that lists 3rd party distributions, but not to the 3rd party page
>> directly.   That is my understanding, at least.
>>
>> It could say, for example, "PrOOo Box now released with support for
>> AOO 3.4.1.  See our ports and distributions page for details".
>>
>> That would be fine, IMHO.
>
> Yes, that would be possible.
>

> Rob, an honest word:
> I have taken care that the site is de current, and I know what German users
> want, _but I knew nothing of item 1 to 4_ (see Dave's mail) ... PLEASE
> consider that a "no" from you is a "no" for me, however, the attempt would
> help me to find a solution that will meet our (i mean the local German
> community) requirements for the de-website AND the rules of Apache have been
> a better way.
> A little help is sometimes better than just the citing of rules.
>
> Understandable?

In my very first post on the topic, I wrote:

"So one solution discussed was to do similar to what we do with the
main English pages with winPenPack.  We have a general page for 3rd
party ports and distributions:

http://www.openoffice.org/porting/

So it might be good to add info about PrOOo-Box to that page.  And
then if you want, you could translate that entire page, or link to it."

That was true then.  That is true now.  It us unfortunate that it
required such a long thread for it sink in.

Regards,

-Rob