On 3 July 2013 18:32, Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org> wrote:

> Rob Weir wrote:
>
>> if 0.01% of them misuse a contact form, it will cause us problem.  So
>> we need to be very careful.  Having a prominent link that says "Help"
>> on the wiki is very attractive to a user looking for help, even if it
>> is totally unrelated to an admin question.
>>
> Dont shoot the messenger, I was not the one that made the BZ, or the one
that discussed it here on the list. I simply solved a BZ issue. Basically I
find the idea of a contact page valid, which is why I implemented it.

I dont understand why you disagree so strongly now , and did not even
comment the BZ issue, it was announced on this list and I did wait 72 hours
before implement it.

For sure it can be taken off again, just make a BZ and it will be handled
in due time, no problem.

Of course next time someone makes a BZ, announces it, and it remains
uncommented, I will still hesitate to implement it, since it is obvious
that 72 hours  is not enough to guarantee that my time isnt wasted. The
next higher level is a vote which I honestly find a bit over the head.

We could maybe try putting a disclaimer on the form at

> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Special:Contact
> like the one we have in the Bugzilla footer. Or, better, with a link to
> the forum for user support. Something like (feel free to fix the language):
>
> This is not part of the configuration, that means I would have to change
in the extension itself, something I really hesitate to do, because it
makes updates very painfull

> This contact form is for technical problems with this wiki site, not for
> OpenOffice problems. Please use http://forum.openoffice.org/ for support
> requests concerning the OpenOffice program.

I searched for other contact forms, that was more flexible and only aimed
at login (as pr BZ), but found none, unless I wanted to modify the mwiki
code, which I dont want to do.

I have 3 options:
1) keep it as it is
2) keep the frame and text as it is, but only before login
3) remove it again.

I cannot change the word "help" unless someone comes with another word that
is in the translated messages (pls remember a lot of users use the site in
their own language).

rgds
jan I.