janI wrote:
Of course next time someone makes a BZ, announces it, and it remains
uncommented, I will still hesitate to implement it, since it is obvious
that 72 hours  is not enough to guarantee that my time isnt wasted.

The problem is not you, but users misusing it. We couldn't imagine this in advance.

I searched for other contact forms, that was more flexible and only aimed
at login (as pr BZ), but found none, unless I wanted to modify the mwiki
code, which I dont want to do.

Do we have more flexibility in the footer? Maybe it is possible to replace the contact form with a footer text like:

For support requests and problems with OpenOffice use the official forum: http://forum.openoffice.org. For problems with this wiki site (not with the OpenOffice program), e-mail dev@openoffice.apache.org and insert [MWIKI] in the subject of your e-mail.

This would still serve the purpose, even though e-mails will almost always have to be moderated.

Regards,
  Andrea.