On 1/30/07, Geir Magnusson Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Jan 30, 2007, at 11:24 PM, Henning Schmiedehausen wrote:

> As a compromise, I'd like to propose to keep the 1.5 release and
> call it
> "Release candidate" in the same way as httpd calls it's releases x.y.z
> and assigns them "levels of quality" such as (Alpha) (Beta) (Release
> Candidate) (General Availability). So this would then be
> Velocity 1.5 (Release Candidate) with probably Velocity 1.5.1 (General
> Availability) following.

No - that's confusing.  1.5 RC would be followed by 1.5 GA

eh.. only if we're talking about a vote to just re-label 1.5.  if we
make changes to the distro (even for docs) and roll a new release,
then we need a new number.  since we're only talking about doc
changes, 1.5.1 seems appropriate and would be likely to get voted as
GA.