On 3/6/07, Henning Schmiedehausen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

thanks for doing this! It seems that this process is still a bit rough
and it is one of my top priorities to get this smoother and that we can
run it from the zone.

that would be great.

I've did a minor update on the main page, there was still 1.4 as release
and 1.5 beta 2 as beta listed.

thanks!

I noticed that for the site, the pages that go through the
velocity/doxia renderer did not get updated (they still had 1.4 as
release), so I assume that this is one of the rough edges. Will look
into this.

the other problem i had, which may not have been obvious, was that the
download.cgi page got updated with the wrong permissions (only
readable, not executable).  i had to manually fix this.  not sure why
it happened.

Also for the Engine site, the JIRA report listed only a few issues, this
might be a problem with the jira report plugin (I've contributed lots of
fixes here).

i noticed that there weren't many there, but i couldn't remember if
there were a lot beforehand.  (i.e.  i didn't know if my update
introduced that or not).

I've deployed both sites again, they should be fine now.

thanks again!  feel free to use me as a guinea pig to test out you
changes as you smooth things out.  i want to make sure i can update
the site as well.  also, it would be good to switch the veltools docs
to the same process eventually (once i trust it), so the more i figure
this out the better.  i do at least see that this has more potential
than the old process.  it's just been a very, very rough learning
curve.

        Best regards
                Henning

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/velocity/engine/branches/Velocity_1.5_BRANCH \
> > >     https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/velocity/engine/tags/Velocity_1.5
> >
> > yeah, i saw that.  thanks.
> >
> > > for that. I MD5 checked the files from the branch and the tag and they
> > > all checked out ok, even though the files on the tag technically have
> > > another revision number.
> >
> > that's to be expected.  revision numbers are only updated in files
> > which are changed and which have the $Id$ thingy in 'em.
> >
> > > - Deploy the release to the maven repo.
> >
> > another thing i've never done.  i presume there's a magic maven
> > command for this too?
>
> i think this last item and the email announcements are all that's left
> to be done.  Will said he'd handle the PR.  Anyone who wants to deploy
> 1.5 to the maven repo or tell me how to do it is welcome to do so.
>
> > >         Best regards
> > >                 Henning
> > >
> > > --
> > > Henning P. Schmiedehausen  -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] | J2EE, Linux,
   |gls
> > > 91054 Buckenhof, Germany   -- +49 9131 506540  | Apache person
  |eau
> > > Open Source Consulting, Development, Design    | Velocity - Turbine guy
  |rwc
> > >
  |m k
> > > INTERMETA - Gesellschaft fuer Mehrwertdienste mbH - RG Fuerth, HRB 7350
  |a s
> > > Sitz der Gesellschaft: Buckenhof. Geschaeftsfuehrer: Henning
Schmiedehausen |n