On 3/6/07, Henning Schmiedehausen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Tue, 2007-03-06 at 10:09 -0800, Nathan Bubna wrote:
> If you'd prefer, i'd be happy to cede the update of the web site to
> you or at least enlist your help.  I've got things working adequately,
> but not splendidly.  Things left to be done for the 1.5 release are:

As you wish. I can build it if you want me to. With the zone now finally
being available I'm currently setting up ant, maven and all that stuff
so we can build from a common environment.

that'd be good.  if you haven't noticed, i've had to disable the news
macro and roughly mimic it's results by hand.  if you can make it work
properly, i think that would be preferable.  of course, i do want us
to figure out how to make it work fully for others besides you, but we
can do that later. :)

> - use mvn to deploy the changes i just checked in this morning.  i'm
> waiting until a few more mirrors pick up the build before i do that.

Sure. These are changes to the Velocity Site, right?

yep.  updated the download page, the doap descriptor, the front page
and the menu sidebar thing.

> - update the "Engine 1.5" subsection.  i'm not entirely sure how you
> do this.  currently, there is an older version (from one of your
> attempted releases in January, i presume) up at
> http://velocity.apache.org/engine/releases/velocity-1.5/, but this
> doesn't reflect any changes since then (e.g. the change log doesn't
> show the fix for SecureUberspector).  i'm not sure yet what the
> procedure for doing this is.

In the engine release, run "mvn clean post-site site:deploy". That
should push the release version of the site up. This should overwrite
all the files you mentioned.

let me give this part a try.  i haven't done this yet and would like
to see it work for me.

- create the release tag. That why I asked about the revision. I did

svn -m "Velocity 1.5 Release" copy -r 509925 \

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/velocity/engine/branches/Velocity_1.5_BRANCH \
    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/velocity/engine/tags/Velocity_1.5

yeah, i saw that.  thanks.

for that. I MD5 checked the files from the branch and the tag and they
all checked out ok, even though the files on the tag technically have
another revision number.

that's to be expected.  revision numbers are only updated in files
which are changed and which have the $Id$ thingy in 'em.

- Deploy the release to the maven repo.

another thing i've never done.  i presume there's a magic maven
command for this too?

        Best regards
                Henning

--
Henning P. Schmiedehausen  -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] | J2EE, Linux,
|gls
91054 Buckenhof, Germany   -- +49 9131 506540  | Apache person              |eau
Open Source Consulting, Development, Design    | Velocity - Turbine guy     |rwc
                                                                            |m k
INTERMETA - Gesellschaft fuer Mehrwertdienste mbH - RG Fuerth, HRB 7350     |a s
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Buckenhof. Geschaeftsfuehrer: Henning Schmiedehausen |n