On 3/6/07, Nathan Bubna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 3/6/07, Henning Schmiedehausen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-03-06 at 10:09 -0800, Nathan Bubna wrote:
> > If you'd prefer, i'd be happy to cede the update of the web site to
> > you or at least enlist your help.  I've got things working adequately,
> > but not splendidly.  Things left to be done for the 1.5 release are:
>
> As you wish. I can build it if you want me to. With the zone now finally
> being available I'm currently setting up ant, maven and all that stuff
> so we can build from a common environment.

that'd be good.  if you haven't noticed, i've had to disable the news
macro and roughly mimic it's results by hand.  if you can make it work
properly, i think that would be preferable.  of course, i do want us
to figure out how to make it work fully for others besides you, but we
can do that later.
ok, i deployed the site using the site module as it is in svn (with
the news macro disabled and hand-mimicked).   you're of course still
quite welcome to re-update with the news macro working, and to fix and
bad in-page anchors or whatever.

so, the public now has access to Velocity 1.5 from our download page,
if they happen to visit the web site before the announcements go out
by email.

> > - use mvn to deploy the changes i just checked in this morning.  i'm
> > waiting until a few more mirrors pick up the build before i do that.
>
> Sure. These are changes to the Velocity Site, right?

yep.  updated the download page, the doap descriptor, the front page
and the menu sidebar thing.

> > - update the "Engine 1.5" subsection.  i'm not entirely sure how you
> > do this.  currently, there is an older version (from one of your
> > attempted releases in January, i presume) up at
> > http://velocity.apache.org/engine/releases/velocity-1.5/, but this
> > doesn't reflect any changes since then (e.g. the change log doesn't
> > show the fix for SecureUberspector).  i'm not sure yet what the
> > procedure for doing this is.
>
> In the engine release, run "mvn clean post-site site:deploy". That
> should push the release version of the site up. This should overwrite
> all the files you mentioned.

let me give this part a try.  i haven't done this yet and would like
to see it work for me.

it appears to have worked just fine...

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/velocity/engine/branches/Velocity_1.5_BRANCH \
>     https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/velocity/engine/tags/Velocity_1.5

yeah, i saw that.  thanks.

> for that. I MD5 checked the files from the branch and the tag and they
> all checked out ok, even though the files on the tag technically have
> another revision number.

that's to be expected.  revision numbers are only updated in files
which are changed and which have the $Id$ thingy in 'em.

> - Deploy the release to the maven repo.

another thing i've never done.  i presume there's a magic maven
command for this too?

i think this last item and the email announcements are all that's left
to be done.  Will said he'd handle the PR.  Anyone who wants to deploy
1.5 to the maven repo or tell me how to do it is welcome to do so.