On Tue, 8 Feb 2005, David Dawes wrote:

> It looks like the DRM kernel source in xc/extras/drm is broken and
> incomplete, especially for BSD platforms.  The Linux version only
> appears to build for a narrow range of kernels, and this either
> needs to be fixed, or the minimum kernel requirements enforced in
> the Makefile.
>
> Perhaps we'll have to roll back to an older version that does build?

How often does the Xserver / DRM binary interface change -
is it viable to just use the DRM in the running kernel ?

I suppose this is really a question for one of the DRM lists but,
is it a forlorn hope that the DRM could have a static binary
interface to either the kernel or the X server ?
(I guess that a moving kernel puts the former outside the control
of the DRM project ?)

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison         Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna