On Mon, 1 Jul 2002, Roman Bednarek wrote:

> On 26 Jun 2002, Edgar Friendly wrote:
>
> > Roman Bednarek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> >
> > > Hi.
> > >   Recently I was working with the Tomcat Servlet engine, my servlet was
> > > generating gifs on the fly. It was able to process about 30-50
> > > requests/second on a standard PC ( 500Mhz ). Taking that into account I
> > > guess freenet should handle over 100 requests/second, because most
> > > requests (when the data is not found) are routed to other hosts. The
> > > traffic cannot be that big (I think), so freenet should handle it.
> >
> > Actually, at the moment requests _are_ that big; between 1 and 2K per
> > request.  (probably more on the 2K side) It may be that various nodes'
> > transfer limits are reducing their capacity to less than what they
> > need to be.
>
>    Maybe such big requests are a serious problem to freenet? I want to add
> request size logging to my node. Could you advice me where to put the log
> to catch all incoming and outgoing requests?
>    I have read in one post that there is a limit of 60 requests per
> minute. It is almost 100 times slower than node could handle in my
> estimation.

Yes, but be careful when fiddling with it.
I set maximumThreads=0 and tried to adjust node performance with
maxConnectionsPerMinute and while
NodeStatus showed that the node handled hundreds of requests
simultaneously, FProxy performance was sluggish and eventually (after a
few hours) it stopped answering FProxy requests completely. A look at the
ticker revealed that the node tried to handle every request sent to it,
building up a huge queue of requests, but failing to handle any of them
within a reasonable time limit. It didn't even have time to poll and
aggerate diagnostic data.

--
Mika Hirvonen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  http://nightwatch.mine.nu/