Gianni Johansson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > layer). However, when I commit this it means a protocol upgrade that
> > breaks backwards compatibility (*), so I'm holding back a few hours
> > pending objections.
> Do it, I don't object.

The protocol is still beta.  Improve the node.

> I have always suspected that the bounding factor limiting how many requests a
> node can usefully handle will be the number healthy node refs it can
> maintain.  At least for modern systems with cable-modem class connectivity.
>
> > What nodes need to do to be good citizens, is to monitor the amount of
> > requests they generate locally compared to the amount they are able to
> > serve - but as was noted the current code doesn't do that all.
> >

> Agreed, but how do you figure out "the amount they are able to serve "?
>
> --gj

Don't worry about how much they're able to serve.  It's really easy to
get numbers on exactly how much is being served.  Limit based on that.
(with some small allowances for nodes not serving)

Thelema
--
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                        Raabu and Piisu
GPG 1024D/36352AAB fpr:756D F615 B4F3 BFFC 02C7  84B7 D8D7 6ECE 3635 2AAB