Jon, when I saw your comments, I decided to download the necessary drivers and so on for Packet using MixW.  I set it up in the Kiss mode and it works well.  When I connect to other stations, I don't have a problem giving the necessary commands.  I also have a Kantronics KAM XL and the KAM of course, does much more than MixW will do on packet.  However, I am pleased with what it does do and It does so much more if you consider all of the many modes.  I don't think you wasted your bucks but it does take some learning before you can get everything set up.  There is a lot of information on the internet that will help you.
Aloha 73 Don- AB4KR

----- Original Message -----
From: Jon
Sent: Sunday, June 04, 2006 10:19 PM
Subject: [digitalradio] Sound Card Packet via RigBlaster

I'm in need of some help from someoone who is familliar with
Rigblaster and Packet. I was exited when I got it up until the point I
hooked it all up. I then realised that there are no instructions how
to operate the &*$! thing! I tried trial and error, no luck. I can
connect to a node but if I try to enter the commands the node lists
(don't know if doing it correctly) it does nothing. So far all I can
do is watch beacons transmit and watch the same people get e-mail
notifications. Is this all packet is cracked up to be? WOW, lots of
fun. I'm starting to think I wasted $100
Someone help me, please. Reply via e-mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Need a Digital mode QSO? Connect to  Telnet://cluster.dynalias.org