Be careful what you ask for!

Would you really want 2,3, or 4 hundred thousand US hams doing ALE
soundings on all the bands?  Even every six hours?  How about using
data modes that are 20 kHz wide like the ARRL HSMM committee
recommended?   How about with no busy detection?  How about in 4 - 5
years when the sunspots reach maximum?

Some of these conversations are useful in defining what is and what
isn't good for everyone!

Jim
WA0LYK

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, John Bradley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Allrighty, then! (climbing up on soapbox)
>

> I guess I am getting a little tired of these arguments about operating
> correctly. We all know the rules and most
>
> of us try to follow them. Sure, we screw up once in a while but so
what? We
> learn for the next time.
>

> What bothers me more is that the folks who make the most noise and
offer the
> most criticism of the modes
>
> Are not those who are using them. As an example, Dave, AA6YQ, has
written
> numerous emails on digital radio
>
> Subjects, and yet I, for one have yet to work him in any digital
mode, and I
> have been very active for the past
>
> number of years. I have meticulously checked all my logs, and
surprise! No
> Dave.
>

> Everyone else is there, in fact many times over: Roger, Bonnie,
Andy, Rick