You've taken this out of context, John.

Jose pointed out that a Winlink PMBO will not transmit there's a
Pactor signal on frequency, implying that we should protect ourselves
from PMBO QRM by purchasing a Pactor modem that we'd quickly fire up
whenever we were QRM'd. Alternatively, we could all stop using PSK,
RTTY, Olivia, Domino etc. and do all of our digital mode QSOing in
Pactor; then Winlink PMBOs would detect and respect our presence.

You already have a modem, so there'd be no financial burden for you.
But for most digital mode users, have to buy a modem to avoid being
QRM'd would be outrageous.

    73,

        Dave, AA6YQ

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "John Becker, WØJAB" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>