Hello Ed,

> I am trying it now but haven't figured out how to use it yet.  It looks
> like the RX from the radio and the speaker output use one sound card and
> the TX output and mic use the second sound card.
Are you speaking of Multidem or Multipsk?
On Multipsk, the main sound card manages input from or output to the
transceiver, whereas the "Auxiliary sound card" manages the speaker from
which you are going to listen to the demodulated SdR sound (at least for
control as it is not strictly indispensable for digital communications).

> I tried to select a sampling frequency of 12KHz but now it reports an
> error and does not allow me to correct the error.
Surely, the SdR function works in RX and TX with a physical sound-card.
The standard sampling frequency on Multipsk in SdR is 48 KHz (16 bits
stereo) not 12 KHz .

A physical sound card (even an onboard one) is preferible (if you have the
choice).

73
Patrick