Thanks, Diana, and I agree with what you say. I'm more curious,
though, about how to determine the reasons why people drop out, other
than via surveys/emails.

I'm not working for a place where this is an issue, really, it was
more just a research interest on my part -- how to get information
from users of a subscription-type site when those users disappear.

Thanks!
Mike