On 2020-07-30 11:51:24 +0100 (+0100), Paul Moore wrote:
[...]
> 1. Will dropping distutils-sig mean that people who prefer
> interacting here lose their voice in packaging discussions?

Probably not. I think the fact that most of the list's prior
conversation has already moved to Discourse means this is already
the case, and so closing this ML is probably more a reflection of
the reality that those voices are effectively absent in relevant
conversations now.

> 2. Will having one fewer "recommended place" to start discussions
> make it easier for new participants to get involved?
[...]

Maybe. But as I've seen in many other communities, discussions start
organically in a variety of places and platforms, and are rarely
constrained by community consensus "recommendations" of venue.
--
Jeremy Stanley