What is the status of mach64 dri support on freebsd 5.2 ?

I tried to checkout from cvs and build the mach64-0-0-7, mach64-0-0-6,
and current mesa trees. mach64-0-0-7 builds, but does not support dri
on freebsd. mach64-0-0-6 seems to have the requisite code for
supporting dri on freebsd, but does not build, due to
incompatibilities with current mesa.

Furthermore, I could not find appropriate drm kernel modules for
freebsd dri support. I think now I should have come to the developer
list first, but I posted to the dri-users list first. So anyone
interested can read what I tried to do, and what went wrong, in the
archives - which for some reason do not yet show my messages.

I will follow this up with a link to the archives when my messages
show up.